Thursday 4 April 2013

my life in food

So it seems Liam has been beating me on the blogging front! He is foodie. He is organised. And he is kicking my ass. So, like a small child throwing a tantrum, I thought I'd make a post of some food I've eaten lately. In no particular order:

In a Finnish BBQ Hut at Pot a Doodle Do wigwam site:

Fuck yes, those are bacon-wrapped olives and harissa lamb kebabs. And Guinness burgers, which fell through the grill.

At the Forth Hotel pub in Newcastle:


Bacon, avocado and Dolcelatte burger? One of the best burgers I've ever had.  

Bloody Mary please.

At home, making dinner for friends:

BBQ shredded beef, homemade coleslaw, salad and potato salad.
And just for the hell of it, some recipes I've enjoyed lately:
Healthy chocolate coconut macaroons (so amazing)
Brown rice fishcakes with hot sauce mayo
Roasted broccoli cheddar soup
Jam crumble slices - I made this with this easy yummy fig jam
Green rice with paprika and pine nuts - the compound butter for this is really useful

Get cooking, Liam - you'll love these recipes. Not so bad for you either! x

1 comment: